Blessing for your inheritance

“He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge;” Psalm 91:4a NKJV

And today we conclude our reading of Deuteronomy and we also read the final Psalm of Moses, Psalm 91. Over the last few days we have read a few chapters with blessings then curses and then more blessings and more curses which were all directly from the Lord. And today we read Moses’s final blessing over the people – this was Moses giving the heritage blessing.

Dear Heavenly Father – As always, please open eye to see and our ears to hear what you are saying! Lord – open our understanding that we may know you. Please do not let us miss out on what you want and need from us today. And please keep us and bless us and shine your face upon us and pour out grace over us and give us peace! Thank you! – In Jesus name we pray, Amen

Today’s reading is Deuteronomy 33-34 and Psalm 91 (embedded below for your convenience).

Deuteronomy is a beautiful book revealing many deep spiritual truths about blessings, curses, and deliverance. I hope while reading you took the time to dig in deeper. Like the fact that quoting the word of God is a sword and when the Word (Jesus) was tempted, He quoted the WORD to fight the devil and what did He quote?! He quoted Deuteronomy!!! I am telling you the truth! There are some deep and powerful things in this book!

If God grants me the time, I may write another book studying it deeper, highlighting all the parallels in Jesus’s teachings. I love that the book ends with Moses’s blessings for their inheritance.

“To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.” Galatians 4:5-7 ESV

Since we are heirs with Christ Jesus, these blessing are for you and me as well, when rightly divided.  Over the last 12 months or so, I have seen or heard most of these blessing proclaimed and prayed over those who believe. Once church recited Psalm 91 in prayer 3 or more times a week, together, online during the lock down – what a powerful prayer of provision, protection and comfort.

A doctor cried out to the Lord for the blessing of Reuben on God’s people during this pandemic; saying: “You will live and not die” (Deut. 33:6). And wow, how we needed prayers like that spoken over us!

As I read chapter 33 and Psalm 91 – I tend to personalize it.  I need these blessings more this year than ever – and more right now than ever before.
Lord hear me. Be sufficient for me in all things! And help me against my enemy!
Bless my substance and the work of my hands…

When we seek God’s presence, where there is fullness, we see that all we need to do is love God in return, pray for His intervention and ask Jesus to interceded on our behalf – and all these things are added:
The lord fights for us – we just need to be still.
The Lord protect us.  The Lord keeps us. We just need to focus on Him and worship Him.

You want to be great in the kingdom of God? It is a good goal to grow towards – all it entails is getting in His presence and surrendering and humbling yourself. Get alone with God, get low and get quiet to listen to His voice.

And as much as I want to pray for these blessings (I have not because I ask not) I just keep getting lost in His presence and in love with Him.  I just want to decrease – be emptied of me and grow more in Him and let Him increase.
As much as I need the blessings, minimally that of my daily provisions – Every time I go to eat there is somehow food. And every time I need to purchase something God provides. I am so overwhelmed by His constant goodness and love that I just swell up and get lost in His presence.

God told me to open a business making feather earrings out of leather. It is the verse above, which I opened with – ‘Covered with His feathers’ that kept coming to mind.  Without a husband or father and my brother refuses to be my spiritual covering, I keep my head covered in a scarf – appropriately.  And now with feathers dripping down from my ears, framing my face, and reminding me – God Himself is my covering. God is my husband and I am the bride. I am covered also by the blood which through grace (that glorious transforming power of grace) has washed me clean and made me a new creature – a creature as ferocious as the lion of Judah and as gentle as a lamb and need protection and care. I have taken upon me the covenant – He is my God and I shall be His people.  And I just let myself get lost in Him. With full confidence He will work all things for my good and His glory! This is our heritage and it is ours to partake in now (and it shall be much better when it is time to inherit the full kingdom!)

RELATIONSHIP:
Do you already have a relationship with a powerful God who cares about your every need because He loves you? Did you know my God can communicate with you and protect you – He has a plan for you to prosper if you just submit to His will and let His plan play out in your life!!! God wants a relationship with you and has already made a plan for your life. He loves you so much He sent His son to this world, to die as a sacrifice for your sins and rise from death with victory over sin and the ability to have a personal relationship with you.
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” Romans 10:9-10 NIV
Here is a prayer for you to pray:
Jesus, I believe you are the way, the truth, the life, and the only way to the Father. I believe you are the son of God, you came to Earth and lived. That you died on the cross as a sacrifice for my sins, and rose again so that I may be saved from my sins and be able to get to know you. I declare: Jesus, you are Lord!
Therefore, I confess that I am a sinner and I ask that you forgive me of my sins and come into my life. Help me to turn away from my sins and transform me into what you have lovingly created me to be. Help me through a real personal relationship grow and accept your will for my life – that I may live in your blessings. Please walk with me, and talk with me – I accept a relationship with you and with our Father God, through you. In the name of Jesus I pray ~ Amen

MEMORY WORK: 2 Peter 1:3
NKJV – “as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,”
NAS – “for His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.”
ESV – “His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,”
NLT – “By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.”
NIV – “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

Thank you for reading.
May the God of peace keep you and bless you. May you stay focused on Christ and covered in grace.
Maranatha ~ Come Lord Jesus!

BIBLE READING: Deuteronomy 33-34 and Psalm 91 NKJV

Moses’ Final Blessing on Israel

33 Now this is the blessing with which Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. And he said:

“The Lord came from Sinai,
And dawned on them from Seir;
He shone forth from Mount Paran,
And He came with ten thousands of saints;
From His right hand
Came a fiery law for them.
Yes, He loves the people;
All His saints are in Your hand;
They sit down at Your feet;
Everyone receives Your words.
Moses [a]commanded a law for us,
A heritage of the congregation of Jacob.
And He was King in Jeshurun,
When the leaders of the people were gathered,
All the tribes of Israel together.

“Let Reuben live, and not die,
Nor let his men be few.”

And this he said of Judah:

“Hear, Lord, the voice of Judah,
And bring him to his people;
Let his hands be sufficient for him,
And may You be a help against his enemies.”

And of Levi he said:

Let Your [b]Thummim and Your Urim be with Your holy one,
Whom You tested at Massah,
And with whom You contended at the waters of Meribah,
Who says of his father and mother,
‘I have not seen them’;
Nor did he acknowledge his brothers,
Or know his own children;
For they have observed Your word
And kept Your covenant.
10 They shall teach Jacob Your judgments,
And Israel Your law.
They shall put incense before You,
And a whole burnt sacrifice on Your altar.
11 Bless his substance, Lord,
And accept the work of his hands;
Strike the loins of those who rise against him,
And of those who hate him, that they rise not again.”

12 Of Benjamin he said:

“The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by Him,
Who shelters him all the day long;
And he shall dwell between His shoulders.”

13 And of Joseph he said:

“Blessed of the Lord is his land,
With the precious things of heaven, with the dew,
And the deep lying beneath,
14 With the precious fruits of the sun,
With the precious produce of the months,
15 With the best things of the ancient mountains,
With the precious things of the everlasting hills,
16 With the precious things of the earth and its fullness,
And the favor of Him who dwelt in the bush.
Let the blessing come ‘on the head of Joseph,
And on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers.’
17 His glory is like a firstborn bull,
And his horns like the horns of the wild ox;
Together with them
He shall push the peoples
To the ends of the earth;
They are the ten thousands of Ephraim,
And they are the thousands of Manasseh.”

18 And of Zebulun he said:

“Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out,
And Issachar in your tents!
19 They shall call the peoples to the mountain;
There they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness;
For they shall partake of the abundance of the seas
And of treasures hidden in the sand.”

20 And of Gad he said:

“Blessed is he who enlarges Gad;
He dwells as a lion,
And tears the arm and the crown of his head.
21 He provided the first part for himself,
Because a lawgiver’s portion was reserved there.
He came with the heads of the people;
He administered the justice of the Lord,
And His judgments with Israel.”

22 And of Dan he said:

“Dan is a lion’s whelp;
He shall leap from Bashan.”

23 And of Naphtali he said:

“O Naphtali, satisfied with favor,
And full of the blessing of the Lord,
Possess the west and the south.”

24 And of Asher he said:

“Asher is most blessed of sons;
Let him be favored by his brothers,
And let him dip his foot in oil.
25 Your sandals shall be iron and bronze;
As your days, so shall your strength be.

26 There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
Who rides the heavens to help you,
And in His excellency on the clouds.
27 The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
And will say, ‘Destroy!’
28 Then Israel shall dwell in safety,
The fountain of Jacob alone,
In a land of grain and new wine;
His heavens shall also drop dew.
29 Happy are you, O Israel!
Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord,
The shield of your help
And the sword of your majesty!
Your enemies shall submit to you,
And you shall tread down their [c]high places.”

Moses Dies on Mount Nebo

34 Then Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is across from Jericho. And the Lord showed him all the land of Gilead as far as Dan, all Naphtali and the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the [d]Western Sea, the South, and the plain of the Valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar. Then the Lord said to him, “This is the land of which I swore to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have caused you to see it with your eyes, but you shall not cross over there.”

So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. And He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day. Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His [e]eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor [f]diminished. And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days. So the days of weeping and mourning for Moses ended.

Now Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him; so the children of Israel heeded him, and did as the Lord had commanded Moses.

10 But since then there has not arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 in all the signs and wonders which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt, before Pharaoh, before all his servants, and in all his land, 12 and by all that mighty power and all the great terror which Moses performed in the sight of all Israel.

Footnotes

1. Deuteronomy 33:4 charged us with
  2. Deuteronomy 33:8 Lit. Perfections and Your Lights
  3. Deuteronomy 33:29 Places for pagan worship
  4. Deuteronomy 34:2 Mediterranean
  5. Deuteronomy 34:7 eyesight was not weakened
  6. Deuteronomy 34:7 reduced

Psalm 91

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall [c]bear you up,
Lest you [d]dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will [e]set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With [f]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Footnotes